Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Change server list on windows clients.

2009-08-13 13:38:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Change server list on windows clients.
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:34:54 +0000
I'm afraid I'm rather UNIX-centric.

I've recently inherited a large number of windows client that need
updates to the media servers that they'll talk to.  Since windows
doesn't use a 'bp.conf' file like UNIX, is there some way of scripting
an update to the list?  Right now I'm having to do it by hand, logging
into each one.  Right now none of the members of the existing list can
communicate with the clients (isolated network).  So whatever I'm going
to do will have to be local.

I'm guessing there's not a single file with this information, but maybe
a registry setting or something?

Thanks for any suggestions.
--
Darren