Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unified Logging Gone Wild

2009-08-11 09:42:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unified Logging Gone Wild
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:38:46 -0400
I've recently set unified logging to verbose for a couple of trouble
tickets with Symantec and they've proceeded to take over my disk space.
I've been running vxlogmgr -d -a -q to delete them (and manually
deleting them as well.)  I've also run vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o ALL -s
DebugLevel=0 -s DiagnosticLevel=0 to reset the logging to its lowest
level but I'm still producing 100GB of logs weekly.  Unfortunately, the
logs are on a 60GB partition, so I'm frequently having to intervene.
Does anyone know exactly how I can reset the logging to zero?  Obviously
I'm doing something wrong.

-Jonathan