Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Robot Comparison

2009-08-07 11:37:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Robot Comparison
From: "Steve Jenkins" <Steve.Jenkins AT SPARROW DOT ORG>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 11:34:10 -0400
Looking for info on comparisons between tape robot technology.  We've been using a Sun/Storagetek L700 for about seven years.  It's been running spectacularly.  We're getting ready to add a second robot and we're looking at a Sun/Storagetek SL3000 with eight LTO4 drives.  My CIO asked me if I had looked at competitive robots and I had to answer no, and now I'm being asked to do due diligence, but I'd prefer not contacting new resellers, as then my phone will be ringing nonstop......

I'd be happy to solicit opinions from the mailing group though........

Links to any info on this topic would also be appreciated, as cursory google's didn't yield much.

Thanks,
      Steve