Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup vs. The Rest of the World

2009-08-06 18:08:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup vs. The Rest of the World
From: "Leidy, Jason D" <Leidy.Jason AT con-way DOT com>
To: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>, "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 15:05:29 -0700
Len,

        I am in the middle of a DPM POC right now. DPM does not perform any
de-duplication for servers (like PureDisk), if you have 10 copies of the same
document on your server DPM will back up all 10. DPM backs up\recovers
SharePoint very well (document level, site, site collection, farm), in my
opinion. I'm using it to protect some branch office servers over small pipes,
its bandwidth throttling works well.

De-duplication is on their "to do" list (they didn't mention it as a new
feature in DPM V3 though, their next release).

Jason