Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup and DPM Policies

2009-08-06 17:03:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup and DPM Policies
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:00:37 -0400
For Netbackup, I'd just use the bppllist command to list all fo the policies,
and then run it again, once for each policy to get the details.  You can then
pull out the information you find relvant.  I'd think you'd want to give a
listing of all systems being backed up, when they are backed up, and what
exactly is being backed up on each of them.  You may also want to show how long
the backed up data is retained for.

As for BPM, I'm doing some research on it as my upper management wants us to
use more Microsoft products, and keeps talking about replacing NetBackup with
BPM.  From what I"m seeing so far I don't think this is possible, but I need to
comple all the reasons why.

If you have any information on the differeances between BPM and NetBackup, I
would appriciate it.  Thanks.