Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBakcup Service Set to Automatic 6.5.3 SAN CLIENT

2009-08-06 17:02:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBakcup Service Set to Automatic 6.5.3 SAN CLIENT
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 15:59:00 -0500
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Jim H <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

Just a question about this for my own clarity. You say the service fails on reboot. On my machines it comes up and then shuts itself down again, it that what you mean when you say it fails?

Yes.  But if you have any enterprise monitoring services, say NetIQ, it complains because a service is configured for "AUTOMATIC" but is stopped.  So we either have to train our admins to ignore these stupid messages or set the service to manual or disabled.
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org