Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Domino ( lotus notes ) on Windows

2009-08-03 14:57:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Domino ( lotus notes ) on Windows
From: Boris Kraizman <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:54:36 -0400
Hello Steve,

We have multiple Lotus Notes servers, all running on Windows 2003, we run the backups for the secondary mail servers in their clusters, not the primary. I am getting good speed for the backups over the network for those servers, but now we are migrating all 6 Notes servers to 2 servers, one primary and the other one the backup server in terms of Domino. I am looking to start the network based the backup again, but if it won't perform quite fast enough, then I am looking at the SAN client option right now as well, we use the SAN on the backend  for the new mail servers, and I have NetBackup 6.5, if it matters. Also, our messaging team is willing test the transactional logging backups as well soon. So, we will see how it will work on ~4T mail data.

Regards,
Boris