Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VCB Backup Questions !

2009-07-28 03:44:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VCB Backup Questions !
From: <Karthikeyan.Sundaram AT cognizant DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:11:21 +0530

Hello Everyone,

Good morning, Please guide me in this situations.

Currently we are running backup for 100 more VM Clients using VERITAS VCB Backup. We got 1 Virtual Center controlling 20 ESX Servers. Backup proxy is configured to Contact Virtual Center and backup the clients. My questions are :

1.       When I initiate backup for this VM Clients, Where will my Proxy server contact and get the Hard Disk files whether VC or ESX.

2.       I need configure Backup network for this VCB Backup so that My Proxy will use that network for Hard Disk file Copy purpose. What I have to do on both VMware and VERITAS side?

3.       Currently my Proxy server is running in NBU 6.5.4 and configured to use Display named based backup’s of VM Machines; We got some 5 Clients with Duplicate names in my Virtual Center(in that 5 Machine’s are POWER ON and other 5 are POWER OFF for some purpose), whenever I try to backup the POWERed ON VM, backup is failing stating Duplicate name Exist. I need to backup the POWER ON VM Machine without disturbing POWER OFF VM. What is the Possibility ?

Thanks in advance for your valuable response.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan Sundaram.

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.