Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Second Device Path

2009-07-23 05:21:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Second Device Path
From: "smpt" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: "'Donaldson, Mark'" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:17:36 +0300
Hi,
This is true for NBU 6.5 (I do not remember if it is an option for 6.0).
You can have more than one path to the drives and are working as
active/passive paths.
I do not know how netbackup choose the path to the tape for every backup but
it seems that it is random. I have seen it, one day to use the first path
and the second day the other path.

To configure double path, you can use the tpautoconf -a command or the GUI.
>From the GUI, just add the second path to the drive the same way you
configure a SSO drive, just use the same hostname.

If you want to use the tpconfig command, I suspect that you have to
configure both paths individually and netbackup will understand it by the
drive name (like you do SSO with older NBU versions)

Hope I help you
Stefanos