Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Which is Best for My NetBackup Master - 32

2009-07-22 07:44:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Which is Best for My NetBackup Master - 32
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: WALLEBROEK Bart <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 06:40:53 -0500
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 1:10 AM, WALLEBROEK Bart <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com> wrote:
That is something I heard as well from a SUN support guy a while ago.  As of NetBackup 7 Media and Master software is only supported on a 64-bit OS.  Personally I don't believe this is a bad thing.  64-bit OS'es are around for quite some time now so it is time to adopt.  What I understood as well is that the admin console will be entirely browser based.  But that was just a rumour he said.

Being a Sun guy, he may have been talking about Solaris, and for Solaris (like the rest of the Unixy platforms),  he's absolutely right and this has been documented for quite a while.

For Windows, he's absolutely wrong.  You chose to believe to a rumor from a Sun guy, or you can chose to believe Tim Burlowski, a Synamtec NetBackup product manager, who already posted on this.  I'll put my money on Tim :-)

   .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org