Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS & Vault

2009-07-21 03:50:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS & Vault
From: "Clooney, David" <david.clooney AT bankofamerica DOT com>
To: Nathan Kippen <nate.kippen AT gmail DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 08:47:03 +0100

Nathan

1.)    You want the cap mode automatic as as I understand it once all your volumes are in the cap or the cap is full it places in  cap in an eject state, otherwise the cap has to manually be placed in an eject state.

2.)    Once the eject is initiated in the Vault, the job will wait for all designated volumes to be pulled from the cap, if you have a cap of capacity 20, and you have 30 tapes to vault eject, you will need to remove the first 20 batch, close the cap and then  eject the remaining 10. Only once this is done will the vault job continue and complete.

3.)    What library are you using and does NBU know you library has an access port. One way to check would be to select any volume and eject it and see whether it places it in the cap.

4.)    There is quite a lot to ACSLS, depends how you plan on using it i.e. are you going to share the library between mainframe and NBU for instance, this would require setting up pools, volume attribute etc etc.

Regards

David Clooney