Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Agent

2009-07-20 19:50:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Agent
From: Brendan Clover <Brendan.Clover AT unisa.edu DOT au>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:17:29 +0930
Hi mark,

We use the Exchange agent for backing up around 800GB of Exchange DBs with
netbackup 6.5.x (so passive node backups).

The Exchange agent does allow for incremental backups however we found that we
would often get partially completed backups and therefore do a full backup
every night, since in my book a successful full backup at 800GB is better than
a risky incremental.  With these backups we are getting around 45MB/s to LTO4
drives.

We don't do individual mailbox backups as they are just far to slow for around
4500 mailboxes.

Regards,

Brendan Clover
Information Technologist
Systems Infrastructure
University of South Australia
Phone: +61 8 830 23641
Fax: +61 8 830 25800

Log your own service calls here: http://www.unisa.edu.au/helpdesk
AskIT documentation and FAQs: http://www.unisa.edu.au/askit

waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of
this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient
is unauthorised. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately