Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Which is Best for My NetBackup Master - 32 or 64 Bit Operating System ?

2009-07-17 17:19:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Which is Best for My NetBackup Master - 32 or 64 Bit Operating System ?
From: tim burlowski <tim.burlowski AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:15:36 -0500
All:

I wanted to chime in on this conversation and take the time to mention two things.

You should all familiarize yourself with the Compatibility list and the  6.5 Release Notes, End of Life section about 32 bit platforms for the next major release of NetBackup.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290196.pdf

The net result of reading the footnotes indicates that the next major release of NetBackup will have one 32 bit NetBackup server platform x86-64.

thanks,

--
tim burlowski
Symantec Product Management