Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Question in regards to command-line add/config of Windows Clients

2009-07-16 13:43:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Question in regards to command-line add/config of Windows Clients
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:40:41 -0500
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com> wrote:
Opened a case with Symantec for #2, we'll see what they say.

The communication buffer sizes are simply text files on Windows.  If you can get the text file to the box, you're in business.  Since bpgp don't exist any more, we've been known to do a "restore" to the client.  bpgetconfig will tell you the path that the product is installed in, so you can take it from there to build the bprestore string.

Do a bpgetconfig -M <server>  | grep -i time

and you'll see the many timeout settings.  All of those can be changed with bpsetconfig -h.

>>> 2. Connect to the client (bpsetconfig)
>>>    a. Set timeouts to the standards that you have in your environment.
>>>    b. Under the Windows Client -> Client Settings
>>>       1. Set the Communications buffer size to 1024 kilobytes

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org