Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Any thoughts on this "hack" to avoid import?

2009-07-16 10:14:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Any thoughts on this "hack" to avoid import?
From: "Iverson, Jerald" <Jerald.Iverson AT invesco DOT com>
To: "Dean" <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:10:49 -0500
we've been doing this "hack" for years for moving data between sites and business recovery.  we backup data to tapes, ship the tapes, and tar the catalog and ftp it to the master at the other site.  1 step that you may be able to do, and avoid editing the *FULL files:  in the bp.conf file, use the "force restore media server" option.  it tells netbackup that if the restore says to use a certain media server (that may not even exist in your current netbackup environment), use this other one.  such as:

FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = dallas_nb1 hous2
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = denver_nb hous2

much simpler and no need to take a chance on screwing up the catalog files.

thanks,
jerald