Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Synthetic Backups Or May A Red Herring.

2009-07-07 21:22:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Synthetic Backups Or May A Red Herring.
From: "Jim Horalek \(Federal Edge\)" <jimh AT federaledge DOT com>
To: "Dean" <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:19:00 -0700
Unfortunately my test showed you do.(or do they?). I'm to understand why expiring the full backup triggered another full backup (not synthetic). There maybe an obsure reason that my test failed or it may be a bug.

Maybe the Full backup running has nothing to do with the synthetics but is actually a scheduling or retension issue. Since all my Fulls are "manual" this is a bit perplexing as to why a Full ran automatically.

Something to do with running a manual backup and the system thinks it hasn't run since the image was expired?

jim