Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup master single threaded vs. multithreaded

2009-06-25 17:11:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup master single threaded vs. multithreaded
From: "Kevin Corley" <Kevin.Corley AT apollogrp DOT edu>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:07:47 -0700

Hello,
Has anyone here had performance problems with 6.5 masters running on Solaris with T5220 or T2 Sparc class processors? I have noticed that during periods of heavy job load the nbrb evaluation cycle, which appears to handled via a single threaded dbsrv9 process, can take forever and leave jobs stuck between requesting & granted resources states. Sometime for 15 minutes a time, depending on the job load.

I am familiar with nbrb.conf tweaks, however this doesn't make much difference in my environment where we have many disk-based destinations. Seems like in large environments, the master needs to be on a processor better suited for single threaded performance.

Thoughts?

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.