Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FW: Anyone using BMR ?

2009-06-25 02:56:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FW: Anyone using BMR ?
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 07:53:07 +0100

I am guessing no one uses BMR on Windows then :-)

During alot of my testing yesterday, I have identified that "corrupt" driver messages you get do seem to be related to "drivers" that are not compatible with the Cut-Down version of Windows.

By going to a vendor specific site, I obtained some older drivers. After buring a few iso images and testing, I got to the stage where I could actually see what was happening at the client end, and watch as NetBackup recovered the Server.

Trial and Error it was ........ ! certainly was not as smooth as "Backup Exec System Recovery". More interesting, is that the Guidelines for BMR state it can recover a Windows System in less than 15 mins.

Do not agree with this (so far), as my test box being a quad core processor with 8GB Ram has taken 42 mins to fully complete.

Again, more testing to be done. But still interested if anyone else is using the product.
For Info, I am able to recover a System using BESR in 4 mins from the point of recovering until recovery has completed.

Thanks, Si