Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Getting Error 13

2009-06-19 16:18:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Getting Error 13
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:15:26 -0500
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM, smwoodcrafts <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

We have 5 clients running Windows 2008 and most are running fine, but one is failing with error 13. This is the error messages I am getting:

Error bpbrm(pid=2972) socket read failed, An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  (10054)
Error bptm(pid=6116) socket operation failed - 10054 (at child.c.1294)
Error bptm(pid=6116) unable to perform read from client socket, connection may have been broken
Error bpbrm(pid=2972) could not send server status message
end writing; write time: 00:43:26
file read failed(13)

We are backing up All_Local_Drives

It is also a Domain Controller.

From our internal tech notes:

Although technically this is a client issue ("file read error"), this can also be a NetBackup configuration issue.  If the client is Windows 2008, tell the NetBackup admins to use VSS instead of VSP.  e.g., on  # bpclient -client <clientname> -add -WOFB_enabled 0 -WOFB_FIM 1

From reading some of the 6.5.4 documentation, this may finally be fixed in the 6.5.4 kit.
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org