Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 Question

2009-06-18 16:04:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 Question
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:00:38 +0100
I was talking to Bill Bolton from Brocade at a SNIA Academy day in London,
asking about how to get an LKM that was not tied to one product - we might
want to use the same LKM for Brocade encryption switches for example - we
don't want a row of LKMs.

I got this info:

[There is an...]
<<
OASIS/KMIP initiative that will eventually enable key managers to
interoperate with each other.
http://xml.coverpages.org/KMIP/

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=kmip

We?ll see some early prototypes late 09 and a standard recommendation in
early 2010.

So, it isn't there yet but the problem is recognised.  I reckon if you
read some of those links you will know what questions to ask NetApp (aka
Decru) about standards compliance.

William D L Brown