Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange 2003 Store unmounts during the backup (NetBackup 6.5)

2009-06-17 16:11:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2003 Store unmounts during the backup (NetBackup 6.5)
From: Aleksandr Nepomnyashchiy <anepomn AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:08:10 -0400
Dear All,
Our Exchange 2003 Store unmounted during the backup (NetBackup 6.5).
Has anyone run accross this problem?  I am not even sure if I should
blame NetBackup or Exchange or both ?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ESE
Event Category: Logging/Recovery
Event ID: 226
Date: 6/17/2009
Time: 1:17:21 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MYEXCHANGE01
Information Store (9696) STORAGE GROUP4: The backup has been stopped
prematurely (possibly because the instance is terminating).

PS Google search brought me some cases where BackupExec agent caused
this problem. Do you think part of the Exchange Agent code is shared
between Backup Exec and NetBackup?

Thank you,
Aleksandr