Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up cluster after failover

2009-06-12 12:20:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up cluster after failover
From: "Kendall, Scott" <scott.kendall AT twcable DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:17:40 -0400
You say they are writing to (and you're trying to backup) a "floating drive"
and that you've defined "vir1" in your backups.

Your "vir1" must not be in the same Cluster Group as the resources you're
trying to back up.

I'm guessing you're trying to backup the Network Name resource called Cluster
Name, by default placed into a group called Cluster Group, and the Physical
Disk resource you're going after is not in that group (hence, can be owned by a
different node).

... and don't just move the Physical Disk resource to the Cluster Group or
you'll break their backups to the disk and maybe more.  Create a new name or
use an existing name in the resource group that already holds the Physical Disk
resource and use that name for your backups.

P Go Green! Print this email only when necessary. Thank you for helping Time
Warner Cable be environmentally responsible.