Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Only 128 drives allowed on Linux?!?

2009-06-11 15:23:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Only 128 drives allowed on Linux?!?
From: rsavage <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:20:41 -0400
We are curretly having a problem with the robot daemon going down. We are
running windows 2003 x64 with an EMC 4406 VTL. We have 168 tape drives
configured but can only have about 50 running at one time. We have had up to 80
jobs running at once but about every 3-4 days the robot daemon goes down and we
have to reboot the NBU infrastructure of the master and media server. We then
stagger the backups and it works fine.

Right now we have a limit to the number of jobs that can start. EMC and Veritas
are looking into the issue.

We just upgraded to 6.5.3 about 2 months ago.