Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Problem with allocating media on Netbackup 4.5

2009-06-11 05:21:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Problem with allocating media on Netbackup 4.5
From: Kenneth Hansen <Kenneth.Hansen AT atea DOT no>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:17:40 +0200

Hi David,

I’ve seen similar problems in NBU 5.1, what I usually do is mark all tapes in scratch pool and delete them, then do a new inventory of library and place “new” tapes in scratch pool.

My experience is that for some reason tapes that have expired but is not located in the library due to offsite storage or something like that shows as available tape in scratch but no tapes are available.

It’s a quick test J

Regards

Kenneth