Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Only 128 drives allowed on Linux?!?

2009-06-10 15:21:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Only 128 drives allowed on Linux?!?
From: tim burlowski <tim.burlowski AT gmail DOT com>
To: smpt1 <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:18:03 -0500
Page 71 of the Device Config Guide references this obliquely.

I can't find a technote, but I am working on getting one written as I've answered this question a fair number of times internally.

I got a private follow-up note explaining to me why a person might want to do this. It went something like this.

My de-duping VTL doesn't know know how to de-dupe an MPX image, therefore I want to stop MPX'ing. In order to still perform my backups in a reasonable amount of time, I need 180+ drives.

Is that the situation you are facing?

--
tim burlowski
Product Manager