Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Move EMM Database to another host?

2009-06-05 13:13:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Move EMM Database to another host?
From: backupgirl <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 14:22:08 -0400
Is it possible to move the EMM database from an AIX Master to a Windows Master?
My current environment consists of an AIX Master with 1 Windows Media Server
that contains 10 tape drives. I would like to move the media server to the new
master but also transfer the media information.

I understand I can not do a catalog restore since the new Windows Master server
has a different hostname. Is there anyway to do this such as backing up the
NBDB database and restoring on another server?