Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Restore to alternate vendor filer

2009-06-03 18:58:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Restore to alternate vendor filer
From: John Nardello <john.nardello AT wamu DOT net>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 18:55:05 -0400
Is this old data you have to restore or do they just want everything off the
Celerra so it can be shutdown ? You could just mount the Celerra source shares
& NetApp destination shares up to an intermediary server and robocopy/rsync
them through the server, instead of having to restore them. Would take a little
while but be pretty easy to setup.

You could also ask NetApp directly - they ought to be pretty helpful if they
know they're replacing EMC gear in your DC. =)

-  John Nardello