Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Only 128 drives allowed on Linux?!?

2009-06-03 11:10:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Only 128 drives allowed on Linux?!?
From: Jim H <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:55:15 -0400
Post subject: Only 128 drives allowed on Linux?!?

ltid[4709]: The currently licensed version allows up to 128 drives per server.
You have configured 200 drives.

What exactly does it mean? What license? Is there a license for this at all or
is it just Symantec?s way of telling me that I should not tamper with the
standard linux kernels?

Anyone got an idea how to get rid of this limitation?

There is a limit of 128 drives per media server in NBU, and I don't think there
is any getting around it. The message is misleading as it seems to imply it is
a licensing issue.

Jim[/quote]