Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP NetApp vfiler & millions of files...

2009-06-02 04:09:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP NetApp vfiler & millions of files...
From: ramjet666 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:17:11 -0400
Hi,

We are trying to backup a file system containing hundreds of thousands of
folders and millions of files.

This data has recently been transferred from a windows 2003 box to a vfiler
running on a NetApp fas 3020. We are using NDMP from filer to LTO4 and getting
6300 KB/Sec.

I know its the amount of files causing the issue, the only thing we can think
of is robocopying the data to a LUN and backing up a snapshot of it. Seems long
winded to me.

Is there any way to increase the backup performance?

Cheers.