Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sybase agent question

2009-05-26 15:37:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sybase agent question
From: "Christopher Romano" <Christopher.Romano AT imsi DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:33:44 -0400

Hi…

I am trying to use the Netbackup Sybase Agent to backup a Sybase dataserver, and have a few questions:

1)      In the sample script  they have:

#***************************************************************************

# Replace /usr/sybase12/scripts below with your actual path of the Sybase files

SYB_FILES_DIR=/usr/sybase12/scripts

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbackup -c $SYB_FILES_POLICY $SYB_FILES_DIR

What is $SYB_FILES_DIR supposed to be set to…do I need to specify all directories I want to backup?  Isn’t passing a database name enough?

The example has this set to /usr/sybase12/scripts. Perhaps this is the path to this script itself?

2)      Also in the sample script, they have $DATABASE_NAME= …do I really need to have 1 script per database?! The BA tells me there are 100+ databases on this one dataserver.

Thanks,

Chris Romano

IFS