Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Successful Backup Report

2009-05-26 14:58:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Successful Backup Report
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 12:55:17 -0600
Here's what I use.  I gives output that looks like below, totals by
client, then broken down by policy.

Run it without options for a 24-hour report or specify a number of hours
on the command line to see greater depth.  Change the
"YOU AT YOURDOMAIN DOT COM" at the top of the script for your mail address.  I
run it daily via cron.

=====================================
## Report Start: Mon May 25 08:00:01 MDT 2009 for past 168 hours.

## General Statistics
        Total Backup Jobs: 7249
        Total Volume: 28.63 TB

## Backup totals by client

righthand = 1.2 GB
        :       Unix_FS_DevTest_1    1.2 GB (2 jobs)
        :            Unix_FS_logs   18.4 MB (2 jobs)

dns1 = 298.4 MB
        :      Unix_FS_Firewalled  216.4 MB (3 jobs)
        :            Unix_FS_logs   82.0 MB (2 jobs)

dns2 = 384.3 MB
        :      Unix_FS_Firewalled  265.8 MB (3 jobs)
        :            Unix_FS_logs  118.5 MB (2 jobs)

server-tm-07 = 78.9 GB
        :               NT_CO_Whs   78.9 GB (1 jobs)
<snip>
## Backup totals by policy
<snip>
       Unix_FS_DevTest_1:      4.7 GB