Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Strange error code 196

2009-05-22 23:30:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Strange error code 196
From: <nitin.gizare AT wipro DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 08:57:09 +0530

Hello

We found that one of backup policy has encountered

Error as below from command bperror –client <client name>.

1243012535 1 68 4 unknown 3517 -1 0 samrat nbpem CLIENT samrat  POLICY samrat_policy  SCHED samrat_weekly  EXIT STATUS 196 (client backup was not attempted because backup window closed)

1243012535 1 4 16 unknown 3517 -1 0 samrat nbpem backup of client samrat exited with status 196 (client backup was not attempted because backup window closed)

1243012535 1 4 4 unknown 3517 -1 0 samrat nbpem Cancel incomplete job, jobid=3,517.  Another job performed this backup

   TIME            SERVER/CLIENT                      TEXT

05/22/2009 22:45:35 unknown samrat  backup of client samrat exited with status

                    196 (client backup was not attempted because backup window

                    closed)

We are checking status of backup using command

When we checked information in Activity Monitor  we found following

  1. Job id 3517 is not shown in Activity Monitor.
  2. We found all resources are free when this backup suppose to start.
  3. Also we noticed we did not get mail about Job id of assigned by net backup for this backup schedule.

Pls help us to understand this issue

Many thanks in advance.,

Rgds

Nitin