Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup and Iron Mountain

2009-05-22 18:11:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup and Iron Mountain
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:08:29 -0500
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 4:29 PM, A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com> wrote:
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 03:59:12PM -0500, Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com wrote:
> The only thing I'm aware of is Vault and the couple of options within that
> to configure the offsite container/slot numbers.

It can also create a vault report that you feed to IM as their
pickup/bringback list.  I wouldn't call it "administering" your IM
tapes, but if you use it I think it removes some of the manual work
you'd have to do otherwise.

I've created the reports in the past, but I've never sent them directly
to IM.

We use this as part of our regular procedures.  What's nice is that IM will compare the contents of the container with what you said you were going to send.  If, for some reason, they didn't get a tape or a wrong tape or an extra tape, they'll phone the customer and ask what happened.

Now if only we could have a restore request semi-automatically put in an IM request for the required media...

   .../Ed