Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NOM, VxAT and brokers

2009-05-22 17:01:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NOM, VxAT and brokers
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 21:56:50 +0100
I'm trying to set up NOM on a Windows server.

I followed the recommendations in the ICS documents to set up a root
broker (RB) only server, and then separate Authentication Broker (AB) only
servers for Windows and UNIX.

NOM at 6.5.x allows you to install the VxAT as 'typical', which is
client-only.   However it seems to say that if you do that, the server you
point it at must be RB+AB.  Otherwise you have to do a RB+AB install on
the NOM server.

I don't really want to run an AB on the root broker server, I want it
really stable and hardly touched.  I can then put AB's per-site that are
authenticated by that one RB, and I have a global single root domain.   I
certainly don't want the NOM server having it's own root broker.

Has anyone managed to separate these components successfully?

William D L Brown