Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Client Status 58 with a difference

2009-05-20 11:04:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Client Status 58 with a difference
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 16:00:43 +0100
Guys thanks all for your responses and indeed some good suggestions.

I'm pretty ok with windows although someone mentioned 64bit which i
hadn't thought of and is good to know.

It wasn't 64bit though and so all the telnet suggestions and bpclntcmd
stuff i'd tried. I kept finding the same problem in that the client
cannot resolve the master server via using hosts file. I was pretty sure
it wasn't NBU related at that point.

In the end and mostly out of frustration i removed the hosts file and
created a new one with notepad. Added just the client and the master
server and then saved it and renamed to hosts so not hosts.txt

Magically it then all worked.

To me the hosts file was corrupted or windows wasn't seeing it
correctly. Quite why i have no idea but its happened now on 5 diff win
clients and the problem has now gone.

I expect its the guy who scripted in the NBU client install for windows
and i'll need to have a word with him as i guess his script is doing
something strange.

Thanks for the assist NBUDelta :)