Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup, VCB, vRanger Policy Setup

2009-05-18 15:47:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup, VCB, vRanger Policy Setup
From: "Steve Bally" <Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:44:40 -0700

All,

Just trying to get a policy within NBU setup, and having some difficulties getting it setup.  Currently I have the following setup:

Policy = XX_VMTest01

Policy Type = MS-Windows-NT

Schedule = Full

Client is the NBU Media Server (also the master)

Backup Selection - ?????? <I need help here on this part>

I have also created a bpstart_notify.XX_VMTest01.bat and it is placed in the Veritas\Netbackup\bin with the following contents:

If "%2" == "XX_VMtest01" goto backup_test
 Goto end
:backup_test

CALL "E:\vizioncore\esxRanger Professional\esxRangerProCli.exe" -virtualcenter vc2://Folder=group-v10270 -copylocal E:\mnt -drives:db -zipname [config]_[weeknum] -onlyon  -vmnotes  -noquiesce  -totalasync 10 -hostasync 2 -lunasync 3 -vcb  -failbacktolan  -totalvcbasync 2 -diffratio 50 -maxfullage 1 -retendays 1
 Goto end
:end

vRanger works independently from NBU & VCB, if anyone could give some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steve