Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Pre / Post Scripts on Backup Jobs with Streams

2009-05-18 13:50:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Pre / Post Scripts on Backup Jobs with Streams
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:47:50 -0500
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:41 AM, WEAVER, Simon (external) <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net> wrote:

In a NBU 5.1 MP5 environment, I have client machines that require Oracle to be taken down.
the client backup is in an existing policy with many other Windows Systems.

The policy allows for streams.

Problem I am seeing: Although for this client, the Services STOP when the job begins, the post job starts the minute one of the smaller streams complete.

What I want to do, is allow the post job to run once ALL streams for this client has completed. I found this document: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274059.htm which I have been running through for tests. Now, I am wondering if I should be calling a different command for this like session_notify.cmd or bpend_notify.bat?

Essentially, what I want to be sure of, is when the complete Full or INCR backup completes, the relevant service I stopped earlier is restart only when everything is completed.

I have got Scheduled Tasks to run for the time being, but any pointers, would be appreciated.

Don't even go there.  This is a very risky situation and if you're not really, really, really, really careful you will leave your databases down when the backups are done/failed.

That's why Symantec sells Oracle agents.
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org