Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Need ideas for doing restore from previous media

2009-05-11 18:35:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Need ideas for doing restore from previous media
From: "Jann Toole" <jannr AT cesa.opbu.xerox DOT com>
To: "Jim Horalek" <JimH AT FederalEdge DOT com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 15:32:13 -0700

Thank you for your input. I wasn't sure about the SAN license requirements,
tho' I am  fairly certain that I will have to restore to this new SAN
server and move the data.
The command bpmedia -movedb has the option to move just individual tapes
to a different server.. Not sure if the  FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER will
be necessary, but if plan A, B, or C don't work, I will try it;-)

Now I have to remember all the steps to building a SAN server.. My last
experience was when we upgraded from 5.4 to 6.5 (I think - can't remember
if we stepped through 6.0).
so, here goes.
Thanks again..
jann