Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] System State Backup

2009-05-08 10:41:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] System State Backup
From: Jon Bousselot <jon-bousselot AT pacbell DOT net>
To: "McDonald II, James F." <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 07:44:41 -0700
Adding system state is a line item on your file directive that looks
like this

Shadow Copy Components:\

When editing the file "backup selection list", you have a pull down for
"path name or directive set", choose the "windows 2003" version for that
client and select "Add".  This will put the following five lines in your
file selection.

ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
Shadow Copy Components:\
NEW_STREAM
UNSET_ALL
UNSET

If you don't want all local drives, remove that line and use the
specific drive letters or directory paths you want for backup.  Since
protecting system state is a critical part of restoring a system in the
event of logical corruption, I would make sure the C drive is fully
protected.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/272538.htm
While this doc is for 5.1, it describes the features and functions that
were added when the system state for 2003 was included.