Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 DSSU fragmentation

2009-05-06 12:14:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 DSSU fragmentation
From: owiking <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 05:10:42 -0400
Hi

Im having problems with my diskstage getting to fragmented and thus getting
very slow performance when duplicating to tape. Running defrag isnt an option
since the files are reaplced fequently and the defrag job will take to long
time to run.
>From what Ive seen and read, this is a major problem for alot os users of
>Netbackup.

Is there a way to force Netbackup to preallocate space on the diskstage for
each backupjob, instead as it is now that they are all written in fragments all
over the disk?

Ive read some about the differences with Basic and Advanced diskstages in
Netbackup, Im running Basic atm, but havent found any information that Advanced
could preallocate space?

My diskstage is 5.5tb large, is it better to make to divide it to 2-3
partitions to avoid fragmentation?

thanks