Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 Migration from Win to HP-UX

2009-05-06 11:35:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 Migration from Win to HP-UX
From: sql_noob <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 11:32:31 -0400
i'm doing a solaris to Windows migration. plan is to just import the old tapes
into the new environment when needed. or just keep the old hardware around.

if you can connect both robots to the old server you should be able to migrate
the data from the old tapes to the new ones.

what we do is we have a few archive SQL databases for old data and anytime we
restore SQL data that is not in the archive, we just add it to the archive.
this reduces the amount of future restores we have to do. storage is pretty
cheap, so you can also buy some to restore the old data and back it up on the
new server and new tapes