Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Import & Restoration

2009-05-06 11:20:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Import & Restoration
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 10:17:12 -0500
First step is to create a list of images on the tape.
1.      Insert the tape into the robot and inventory the robot.  This
should add the media ID to the Media Manager.
2.      In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup
Management > Catalog.
3.      Select the menu item Actions > Initiate Import.  The Initialize
Import dialog appears.  Select a media server in the Media Host box and
enter the tape label you have inserted into the Media ID text box and
hit OK.
4.      Click OK on the Catalog dialog that appears.
5.      Click on the Catalog Results tab to see NetBackup look at each
image on the tape and determine whether or not it has expired and can be
imported.  The job also displays in Activity Monitor as an Import type.

Second step is to actually import the images.
1.      In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup
Management > Catalog
2.      Set up the search criteria to find imported images by setting
the search action to Import.  Be sure to select a date range that
includes the images you want to import and select Search Now.  The media
ID will not show up in the Media ID drop down.
3.      Right click on the image you wish to import and select import.
4.      Select OK on the confirmation box that opens.
5.      When the job is complete you may do a restore as usual.