Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NB Client Details

2009-05-05 07:30:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NB Client Details
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 06:27:15 -0500
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:07 AM, Sushil <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

I have been asked to produce a report which contains following client details:

1) IP Address
2) Operating System
3)Last Accessed

We have netbackup server ver5.1 and we do not have any reporting tool either. So guys looking for some commands which could help me out.

As Ken said, bpgetconfig will get you the hostname and operating system.     You can use your traditional DNS tools to translate the client name to an IP address.

I will assume that for "last accessed" you really mean last backup date.  The simplest way to answer this question is to make sure that all of your clients are in policies with daily schedules and then report on failures.  If the client didn't fail, then it was very highly likely backed up last night.  Beyond that, it gets really hard especially if you have complex policies or multiple policies per physical host (which are best practices for Windows clusters).

Backup audits  are HARD - there are no tools built into NetBackup even in the current release to tell you that you're backing up everything that is supposed to be backed up.

   .../Ed