Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NB Client Details

2009-05-05 06:55:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NB Client Details
From: ken_zufall AT goodyear DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 06:48:06 -0400

Sounds more like a task for the system administrators than for the backup admin.

That said, you could get #2 using bpgetconfig -g [client].  You could get #1 by pulling client names from bpplclients then looping those through checks of your host file, DNS, or even ping.  No idea how you could possibly gather #3 using NetBackup.

Ken Zufall
Technical Analyst
D660C
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
GTN 446.0592 or 330.796.0592

Sushil <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

05/05/2009 06:07 AM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU

VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  NB Client Details

Hi,

I have been asked to produce a report which contains following client details:

1) IP Address
2) Operating System
3)Last Accessed

We have netbackup server ver5.1 and we do not have any reporting tool either. So guys looking for some commands which could help me out.

Thanks,
Sushil