Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Disaster Recovery Survey Invitation

2009-04-30 13:48:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Disaster Recovery Survey Invitation
From: "Richard Harrison" <richard_harrison AT symantec DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:45:35 -0700
Greetings NetBackup users:

I would like to make you aware of a great opportunity to influence the future
direction of NetBackup in a fundamentally key area: Disaster Recovery.  The PM
and engineering teams are kicking off a major strategic initiative and research
effort to identify and prioritize current customer/market requirements around
Disaster Recovery.  We plan to conduct the following sequence of
customer-facing activities:

1) Short, simple survey to identify as many customers as possible who are
interested in DR along with some basics so we can decide which are most
interesting for continued engagement (we'd love to get 200-300 responses, and
if you'd like to participate in 2-4 below, the way to get on the list is to
take this first short survey)
2) More comprehensive survey to get environmental information on IT
environment, along with substantially greater detail on issues, pain points,
likes/dislikes, etc. (perhaps 75 responses)
3) Face to face and/or phone interviews of as many as 50 customers to get in
depth qualitative information: the deep dive
4) Continued engagement via design feedback and other engagement activities as
the requirements are turned into product enhancements

This email is to invite you all to participate to participate in the initial
short, simple survey (8 questions, about 10-15 minutes to complete).  If you
have ever felt frustration about NBU catalog recovery & replication,
cross-domain storage lifecycle policies, NBU master server clustering
limitations, using replication for backup images and snapshots, support for 3rd
party replication and related topics, here is your chance to make a
difference!  We intend to keep the survey open until Friday, May 15 so please
move quickly.

The survey can be found here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=emdUW4RYXpv035AZUiCa8g_3d_3d

Richard Harrison