Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup order of ndm -volumes

2009-04-23 07:50:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup order of ndm -volumes
From: VesaFI <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 02:33:45 -0400
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there is a way to force netbackup to take ndmp -volumes
in certain order. We have noticed that netbackup doesn't always use the order
of which we have listed the volumes in the backup selection -part of the policy
configuration. This is bit annoying at the moment because we'd like to organize
things so that the larger volumes are backed up first. I tried writing a script
that cleared backup selection, then added one volume launched the job, then
cleared selection and added next volume and so on but for some reason this
caused our backups to run very slowly :) And we don't want to create multiple
policies per ndmp-host, just to keep things as simple as possible.

Our netbackup is 6.5.2 and its running on linux host. Drives are FC-LTO4 and
ndmp-hosts are netapps.

Thank you very much!