Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore Client on Red Hat Linux

2009-04-15 11:03:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore Client on Red Hat Linux
From: "McDonald II, James F." <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:00:23 -0400

I have been trying to perform a practice restore on a server running Red Hat Linux, via the GUI provided with NBU, and I keep getting this error:

EXIT STATUS 135: client is not validated to perform the requested operation.

I know NBU can see the server, because it writes the backups for it to disk and eventually to tape.  I updated the hosts tables on all machines, just to be safe.  I have tried to do the restore from the backup server(Windows), but the GUI on that doesn’t show the directory structure for any of the Linux servers, only the Windows servers.  (I guess that would be another problem I having!)

Does anyone have any suffestions/tips on getting the Restore to work, from either GUI or even command-line?