Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] robotic path /dev/sg6 does not existRobotic test

2009-04-10 21:52:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] robotic path /dev/sg6 does not existRobotic test
From: dendi <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 21:48:20 -0400
In /proc/scsi/scsi/0 file I can see only local tape library MSL 6000 and its
two drives information only.

I can't see NDMP tape library MSL6000 tape library and its 4 drive s
information in /proc/scsi/scsi

Our setup was like below.

1. two Netapps filers --> from each filer FC cable connected to SAN switch in
the similar from Tape library FC connected connected to same SAN Switch.

I can see only the connections which are coming from Filers LED light status
showing in blue color (connection ok) but the connection which coming from tape
library to SAN switch showing Orange Amber light (no connectivity) I changed
other fibre cable also but same problem is there.
How do I get the robot name, Lun id, channel id, port id information ?

several times I shutdown library and netbackup master server but its doen't
help.

When Im poweroff and on the tape library booting time only fibre channel LED
blowing after that nothing.