Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can't upgrade past 6.0 client

2009-04-08 16:29:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can't upgrade past 6.0 client
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 15:26:04 -0500
Ok - 2000 servers

I cannot push to 2000 servers at all,  on all of them I have to do
suggestion 1 and copy the install files to a local drive c or e or
whatever - just cannot do a push or install from a network mounted
drive.

2003 servers - on these it is usually the netbackup.dll, suggestion 2,
that gives me this error.

2003 - some of them have been suggestion 3 but only a few.

Reason I remember all of this is because I have done upgrades 4 times in
the last 6 months or so.

Did the 6.5.2 only to find 6.5.2a come out a few weeks after I did the
upgrade.
Then when 6.5.3 came out I had to upgrade that, only to have 6.5.3.1
come out real soon after that.

(an aside - 2008 servers - when I first installed up to 6.5.3.1 my 2008
servers would fail with a 49 - but if I took them back down to 6.5.2a
they would work ok.  Worked on this for a while, and then suddenly while
trouble shooting they started working on 6.5.3.1. - just an fyi incase
you see that I would like to know)