Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] robotic path /dev/sg6 does not existRobotic test

2009-04-07 08:52:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] robotic path /dev/sg6 does not existRobotic test
From: dendi <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 11:14:01 -0400
Hi Admins,

I have a issue in one of netbackup maser server Ver 6.0 mp2 installed on Redhat
enterprise Linux 4.  Last week due to server memory issue we shutdown the
server. (before reboot the server uptime 500days) after reboot Im getting robot
error.

Total 6 drives are there in tape library , Two driver allocated for local (TLD
0) through SCSI cable  and another 4 driver allocated for NDMP (TLD 1) through
fibre channel (Qlogic 2312).

Local drives backup going well and robot path also ok, But I have issue on
NDMP. All drives going down. If I manually makeup its going to AVR status.

I have taken below actions.
1. Disconnected and connected fibre channel cables but still Im getting same
error.

In storage units all information showing with drive serial number. I suspect
the robert path may be wrong.

I have not found /dev/sg6 device in server devices file.

Below the output from Robtest command

[root@yeb7p01 ~]# robtest
Configured robots with local control supporting test utilities:
  TLD(0)     robotic path = /dev/sg0
  TLD(1)     robotic path = /dev/sg6

Robot Selection
---------------
  1)  TLD 0
  2)  TLD 1
  3)  none/quit
Enter choice: 1

Robot selected: TLD(0)   robotic path = /dev/sg0

Invoking robotic test utility:
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -rn 0 -r /dev/sg0

Opening /dev/sg0
MODE_SENSE complete
Enter tld commands (? returns help information)

Robot Selection
---------------
  1)  TLD 0
  2)  TLD 1
  3)  none/quit
Enter choice: 2

Robot selected: TLD(1)   robotic path = /dev/sg6

Invoking robotic test utility:
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -rn 1 -r /dev/sg6

Opening /dev/sg6
robotic path /dev/sg6 does not existRobotic test utility
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest
returned abormal exit status (1).

Robot Selection
  1)  TLD 0
  2)  TLD 1
  3)  none/quit
Enter choice: 3

1. How to re define the robotic path and how to know hardware device path in
Redhat.

I really appreiate your help